Senior capacity planner & designer (UK-NL)(#132)
Technical and Operations
you will be member of Operations Team
The Operations team is focuses on all aspects of daily operations in order to deliver and maintain the netwerk services. Besides the daily operational tasks of network planning, design and management, the Operations team is deeply involved in the development of new propositions, services and processes.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic, self-motivated individual with the capabilities to develop,implement and maintain Network Planning and Design over a broad variety of telecommunications facilities and equipment like: rack spaces, power, routers, switches, repeaters, optical multiplexers etc. In order to accomplish the planning tasks, you will work together with members of the operations team and any other necessary co-worker and will report to COO.
You analyse and model the services capacity needs of our network on the basis of several inputs.The outcome of your analyses will result in plans for future network extensions, build outs and developments, plans that have to be transferred into network and facility changes to accommodate the future growth of our business and will have a budgetary impact.
Your tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Analysing and modelling the inputs on current network infrastructure,
- Develop methods and tools to perform analyses on the network architecture and design,
- Creating future network grow plans, calculating costs and advise COO and product management,
- Create approved capacity upgrade plans and instruct the build outs,
- Create and maintain planning and design documentation, rules and requirements,
- Communicating with sales, product management, and the operations team ,COO
- Help develop and improve necessary processes and procedures,
Skills and Experience
The 'dream' candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- B.A./B.Sc. degree or equivalent in Computer Network Engineering or comparable education,
- At least 5 yrs experience in data centres; the networking and architecture and design and build and management.
- In depth knowledge of fibre -, WDM -, Ethernet infrastructures, switching, routing, IP protocols, routing protocols OSPF and BGP
- Analytical insight and the ability and desire to develop a long-term strategy.
- The ability to effectively manage and structure multiple network developments, prioritize, be detail-oriented, and meet deadlines.