Technical and Operations
- Job Details: Seniority Level
- Mid-Senior level: Industry
- Management Consulting Information Technology & Services
- Employment Type Full-time
We want to be the leading data focused technology business in Europe. We help businesses to harness their data and use it to understand, model and predict business performance - delivering improved engagement, efficiency and profitability.
We are leading the UK market in delivering Microsoft Azure based data platforms and our data science team is at the cutting edge of delivering machine and deep learning solutions. The business has an average annual growth of over 50% and are currently 380 people across the UK, The Netherlands and India.
We strive for excellence in everything we do. We are a dynamic team of bright, talented and highly accomplished people who are passionate about their work and this is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your expertise within Microsoft Business Intelligence & Analytics, using the very latest BI, IOT, Data Science & Big Data technologies from Microsoft and other key vendors.
The Principal Advisory Consultant in Data Science provides expertise on data science and artificial intelligence to a variety of corporate clients across multiple industry verticals. You will work closely with your clients to envision, build and productionise complex products that operate at the intersection of technology, data and artificial intelligence.
There are two primary responsibilities in this role; to design data science solutions addressing the challenges that our clients face and leading the build of those solutions, and to advise our clients in strategies, operating models and other aspects to enable them to modernise their business using the latest tools and techniques. You will bring together cross-functional teams that include advisors, industry experts, developers, designers, and data scientists, with the sole purpose of delivering transformational results for your clients.
This role requires exceptional consulting skills as you will engage with executives through to operational roles to help understand and define business problems, design solutions and roadmaps, and manage the process from inception to successful implementation.
- Solving key business problems and challenges by framing the problem, developing a vision and building a roadmap to deliver.
- Managing the full lifecycle of complex analytics projects from pre-sales and bid support through to discovery, estimation, development, testing, deployment and transition to operational support.
- Involvement in every step of our client’s journey; identifying the problem, defining and delivering the solution, while building a strong relationship with our clients. This includes gathering and analysing information, formulating and testing hypotheses alongside technical experts.
- Working with clients to understand, define and quantify the benefits and opportunities of better leveraging their data and technologies.
- Forming partnerships with highly skilled analytical and technical resources, both onshore and offshore, and working closely to deliver the scope of the project.
- Participate in pre-sales activities to demonstrate how data science and statistics may be applied for commercial advantage of potential clients.
- Understanding technical concepts and being able to explain them to business stakeholders.
- Becoming a trusted advisor by building long-term relationships with clients, working with them on developing long-term strategies around data and technology and helping bring them to fruition.
- Developing industry specific Intellectual Property to support cross-platform consulting solutions.
- Supporting business development through the generation of bid response documentation, business cases and ideas to support the clients’ information management strategy.
You will be an experienced leader in analytics, coupled with an exceptional personal drive and ambition to progress your career.
- Significant experience in the design and build of data science solutions for customers.
- Hands-on experience in data science, data analytics, BI, data warehousing, data platform development or other relevant hands on technical experience.
- Exposure to delivering cloud-based solutions, preferably Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in holding commercial conversations with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in the management of risks, issues and dependencies.
- Excellent communication skills with experience including stakeholder management, commercial negotiation, business writing and delivery of presentations.
- Understanding of structured and unstructured data analysis, streaming data, IoT, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and related topical analytics fields.
- Able to manage teams across multiple projects.
- Confident in engaging at CxO level.
- Be able to actively engage and lead sales and business development opportunities with clients.
- Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and/or query development is beneficial.
- Strong business analysis skills and deep understanding of analytics.
- Background experience in an analytics discipline such as machine learning, artificial intelligence or statistical algorithms
- Full life-cycle delivery experience, from initial opportunity through to requirement development, estimation, solution design and implementation