What do we do
We are on an ambitious mission to revolutionize inventory management using disruptive technology. Our goal is to make inventory management effortless on a global scale. We firmly believe that providing remote and real-time insights into stock levels and inventory patterns can optimize logistics, reduce waste, and enhance the customer experience. To achieve this, we’ve developed our own cutting-edge IoT-enabled sensors and integrated them in an AI-powered E2E system. This technology has received recognition for its innovation,we got selected for CES 2024 and the receipt of 9 MIT-grants for innovation.
Our team is known for their brilliant expertise in their respective domain, boundless energy & unwavering commitment to getting things done, and a passion for the dynamic challenges of a startup. We value teamwork above all else.
Why Join Us Now
We are not just any startup; we are a very ambitious one. Backed by an equally ambitious and credible investor, we are poised for significant growth. This is an extraordinary moment to become a part of our team because, despite being in the early stages, our products are already remarkably solid and proven in the field. By becoming a part of us at this stage, you will have a unique opportunity to contribute to and enjoy our exciting journey.
What we seek
We are currently in search of an experienced and entrepreneurial Head of Tech to join our team full-time in Amsterdam. Working directly with the CEO, you will be at the forefront of innovation, guiding our product roadmap, and driving strategic initiatives to realize our vision.
What you’ll do
In this pivotal role, you will spearhead a range of critical responsibilities, including:
- Strategic product planning: Spearhead the strategic direction and shape the roadmap of our solutions, Including its infrastructure, architecture, data, backend and frontend components.. Translate into day-to-day actions for our software and data teams.
- Tech Stack Enhancement: Enhance our tech stack for improved customer-relevance, scalability and efficiency. This includes system design and architectural decisions on both front- and backend and on data flow from IoT sensor to dashboard & integration
- Project Management: Efficiently coordinate software and data projects, ensuring timely delivery and quality, in synchronisation with the hardware team. Provide insights into progress and challenges and facilitate informed decision-making.
- Team Leadership: Mentor and lead a team of junior developers and a team of more experienced data scientists. This includes hands-on co-execution particularly in software development and experience in Agile
Your multifaceted role will be instrumental in driving our success as we revolutionize inventory management.
Who you are
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Education: A Master’s degree in computer science or related field, or proven alternative experience.
- Business-Tech Acumen: The ability to bridge the gap between business and technical aspects.
- Conceptually strong and still hands–on: versatile and able to set direction as well as hands-on co-execute. Scale-up experience is a pre.
- Innovative: A passion for learning and embracing new technologies, you drive innovation and inspire the organization to adapt to the evolving tech landscape.
- Leadership and drive: Inspirational leadership, organizational, and problem-solving skills. Always eager to take on new challenges with the energy to push for impact together with the team. Exhibits resilience in serving as the technical conscience, knowing when to pause to ensure reliability.
- Communication: Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills in English, with a preference for Dutch proficiency.
This role requires an inspirational leader to drive our company into the next phase of technological innovation and data-driven success.
What we offer
Joining us comes with its perks, including:
- A competitive salary
- Co-ownership of the company through SARs (Share Appreciation Rights)
- Room to shape your own role, take on responsibilities
- Opportunity to develop your leadership & coaching skills and to learn from your talented teammates
- A comfortable office in Amsterdam just in front of the Spaklerweg station, combined with hybrid way of working
- An experimental mindset that encourages learning through experimentation and a willingness to fail and learn quickly
- A team culture based on modesty, learning together, and pursuing excellence, which you can help evolve
Our process starts with an on-site interview with some of your future colleagues and is followed by a technical assignment. A reference check is part of our selection process.